Lindsey Vonn: Homecoming queen

Lindsey Vonn: Homecoming queen - Parker McDonald has done about everything on skis a kid can, but he has never done anything as death-defying as this. He asked Lindsey Vonn to the Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy's homecoming dance Friday night.

She said yes.

Yeah, that Lindsey Vonn. Smart, spirited, sweet-natured, a World Cup champion and drop-dead adorable.

Parker is a 16-year-old VSSA sophomore and Nordic skier.

It didn't occur to him that she might say yes, or no, or anything at all, McDonald said.

“I thought, ‘I need a date and there's Lindsey Vonn. I'll ask her!'” McDonald said. “She walked by my lunch table and I whipped out the question.”

And why would you ask Lindsey Vonn to the homecoming dance?

“I asked her because she's awesome!” he said.

Sometimes things just work out.

Admit it. If you're a guy, Parker McDonald is your new hero, the Carpe Diem King, and Lindsey Vonn is your all-time Homecoming Queen.

The girl just wants to have fun, it turns out.

She was visiting the Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy in Minturn, Vonn says on her Facebook page, when Parker whipped up the courage most of us wish we had.

“Yesterday I visited the Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy and while I was eating lunch with all the students a 16-year-old boy named Parker asked me if I would be his date for their homecoming dance, which is tonight,” Vonn wrote. “When Parker asked me he was cute, nervous and very polite so of course I said YES! :)”

“All through school growing up I never got the chance to go to a school dance so I'm excited for tonight!” Vonn wrote Friday afternoon.

She's in town to train with the U.S. Ski Team on Ski and Snowboard Club Vail's new Golden Peak training center.

VSSA is the nation's first public winter sports academy. It's for students in grades 6-12 who can train six days a week in the winter, and still get their homework done through flexible scheduling and online access to their teachers.

It's part of the Eagle County school district and affiliated with Ski and Snowboard Club Vail, where Vonn trained.

via: PI

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive